I got introduced to essential oils a few years ago. I didn't really know the impact they can have on your overall health until I learned about them and how to use them in my daily life. My whole family uses them for all different reasons. Some ways we use them are for cleaning, to help our immune systems get stronger when we have colds, for ADHD, and so much more. They actually are more than just nice smelling oils. They actually work on a cellular level.
Side note~Not all essential are the same. I use oils that are therapeutic and pure. If you would like to know more about the ones I use, you can contact me here.
Essential oils are aromatic compounds that are extracted from the flowers, seeds, roots, or leaves of various plants. Each essential oil has its unique smell, properties, and qualities; these oils are generally either diffused into the air or applied topically. With so many uses, trying essential oils can be a little daunting.
Here are 12 easy ways to start using essential oils every day.
1. Stress relief: Essential oils like frankincense and lavender can help with stress management. Lavender essential oil promotes relaxation and helps balance your stress levels. Frankincense essential oil can help deter feelings of depression. Lemon essential oil can also help boost your mood.
2. Increased energy and stamina: Essential oils like lavender, lemon, and frankincense can help boost your stamina and provide a burst of energy.
3. Healthy skin: Problematic skin can often be treated with the help of essential oils applied topically. Lavender essential oil can be used to clean and soothe shallow cuts, irritated skin, redness, and bruises. Lemon essential oil contains 68% of d-limonene, a common antioxidant that promotes healthy skin by reducing inflammation. Tea tree oil can also be used to treat common cuts, skin irritations, and stubborn acne scars. Mix the essential oil with a carrier oil before applying to your skin.
4. Improved nervous system: Diffusing lemon essential oil can help improve your nervous system and alertness.
5. Digestion and weight loss support: Lemon and peppermint essential oils are often recommended to improve digestion. Peppermint essential oil can also be an effective appetite suppressant, aiding in weight loss.
6. Respiratory system support: Diffuse peppermint and frankincense essential oils to help support your respiratory system.
7. Immune system support: Diffusing or cleaning with tea tree and On Guard essential oils can help support your immune system and stave off colds, flu, and other illnesses.
8. Oral health: Clove and Tea Tree essential oils are used in many organic kinds of toothpaste because it supports oral health.
9. Air purification: Tea tree and lemon essential oils are great for cleansing and purifying the air in your home. They can also be used as all-natural, all-purpose home cleaners.
10. Healthy lips: Lavender essential oil can be used to soothe and moisturize dry, chapped, or cracked lips.
11. Dandruff-free hair: Apply lavender essential oil—either directly or diluted with a carrier oil—to relieve stubborn dandruff.
12. Mosquito repellent: You can make your own mosquito repellent by mixing citronella, lemongrass, coconut, and eucalyptus oils. Apply topically or diffuse in the surrounding area.
If you would like to learn more about essential oils and how they can improve your overall health, just click here.
I know life is busy. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.
Yours in health and wellness,
Audrey Dworak INHC, CNE